Ready and quiet
I put myself in the presence of God, He is here. His body, His blood, His soul and His divinity are here represented by the eucharist’s Blessed Sacrament. I make an act of faith in Him. Because He is here, He sees me, He listens to me. I put myself under the sight of God that loves me and I’m aware to His presence and I´m aware of what He wants to tell me in this moment of prayer. I invoke the Holy Spirit and I ask for the virgin Mary’s intercession.
I make mine today’s intention
To obtain God’s blessing with new vocations of special consecration, signs of hope and love, with the joy of poverty, faithful obedience and the courage of a love without measure for the Kingdom of God.
God is everywhere
O Lord, you search me and you know me,
you know my resting and my rising,
you discern my purpose from afar.
You mark when I walk or lie down,
all my ways lie open to you.
Before ever a word is on my tongue
you know it, Lord, through and through.
Behind and before you besiege me,
your hand ever laid upon me.
Too wonderful for me, this knowledge,
too high, beyond my reach.
O where can I go from your spirit,
or where can I flee from your face?
If I climb the heavens, you are there.
If I lie in the grave, you are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn
and dwell at the sea’s furthest end,
even there your hand would lead me,
your right hand would hold me fast.
If I say: “Let the darkness hide me
and the light around me be night,”
even darkness is not dark for you
and the night is as clear as the day.
I take the Word of God, that He says to me
The next day John was there again with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he said, «Behold, the Lamb of God.» The two disciples heard what he said and followed Jesus. Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them, «What are you looking for?» They said to him, «Rabbi» (which translated means Teacher), «where are you staying?» He said to them,»Come, and you will see.» So they went and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day. It was about four in the afternoon. (John 1, 35-39).
The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field, which a person finds and hides again, and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant searching for fine pearls. When he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it. (Matthew 13, 44-46).
I remain in silent meditation
I say my prayer of Intercession
- — I pray for the Church: so that there will always be priests, religious and consecrated persons who announce the Gospel and attend to the needs of their brothers and sisters with apostolic zeal and charity.
- — I pray for those who have heard the call of the Lord and follow him in the priestly, consecrated and contemplative vocation, so that they were not discouraged by the temptations that may arise due to their own weakness or the circumstances that surround them.
- — I pray for the missionaries, for those who exercise charity among the poorest people in our society, so that they may have the necessary strength from the Holy Spirit to continue bringing the light of the Gospel to the people and to the places where they have been sent.
- — I pray for all the consecrated people, so that their lives continue being a ray of hope in our world.
- — I pray for there will always be young hearts willing to follow the God’s call and dedicate their lives to the service of their brothers, being witnesses of hope.
As you taught to me, I dare to say
I finish with this prayer
Lord, you who invite all the faithful to achieve perfect charity but do not stop calling many people to follow more closely in the footsteps of your Son, grant those who you want to choose with a particular vocation to become, from poverty, obedience and chastity, sign and testimony of your kingdom, in the presence of the Church and of the world. Amen.
Jesus Christ, you are my friend and lord. I know you love me. What are you calling me to do?