Ready and quiet
I put myself in the presence of God, He is here. His body, His blood, His soul and His divinity are here represented by the eucharist’s Blessed Sacrament. I make an act of faith in Him. Because He is here, He sees me, He listens to me. I put myself under the sight of God that loves me and I’m aware to His presence and I´m aware of what He wants to tell me in this moment of prayer. I invoke the Holy Spirit and I ask for the virgin Mary’s intercession.
I make mine today’s intention
For all lay people, men and women who contribute to the sanctification of the world from the family, work, study, profession, public and social life through the witness of their life, their faith, hope and charity.
Trust in God
The Lord is my light and my help;
whom shall I fear?
the Lord is the stronghold of my life;
before whom shall I shrink?
Though an army encamp against me
my heart would not fear.
Though war break out against me
even then would I trust.
There is one thing I ask of the Lord,
for this I long,
to live in the house of the Lord,
all the days of my life,
to savor the sweetness of the Lord,
to behold his temple.
For God makes me safe in his tent
in the day of evil.
God hides me in the shelter of his tent,
on a rock I am secure.
I take the Word of God that He says to me
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father. (Matthew 5, 13-18).
Again he said, «To what shall I compare the kingdom of God? It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed (in) with three measures of wheat flour until the whole batch of dough was leavened.» (Luke, 13, 20-21).
I remain in silent meditation
I say my prayer of Intercession
- — I pray for our Christian communities, so that they be a source of new vocations, living according to the gospel.
- — So that the lay movements and associations of the Church care for the needs of the people, so that all the lay people in there dedicate themselves to spreading the Gospel and its justice.
- — I pray for families, so that from their vocation to love and marital fidelity they were not afraid to educate their children in a Christian way, and with their example, help them to discern and to grow their own vocation.
- — I pray for our elderly, sick and abandoned people, for those who do not have a job, for those who live in anguish, so that they find priests, consecrated and lay people who listen to them, accompany them, care for them and show to them the mercy of the Father.
- — I pray for all the men and women who, in our society, live apart from faith, so that they sincerely seek and know how to find life and hope in Christ
As you taught to me, I dare to say
I finish with this prayer
Oh, God, you who put the power of the Gospel as source in the world, grant to them who are faithful and called to live in family, studying, working and living in public and social life, to build and proclaim your Kingdom and its justice, practicing their own task in the world according their Christian spirit. Amen.
Jesus Christ, you are my friend and my lord. I know you love me. What are you calling me to do?